Monday, June 18, 2012

T-table for bigger CNC

Hi all,

I had a lot of problem with finding optimal table to my CNC. I try different ways to mount material to it. But all previous ideas were wrong. So I decided to T-table. First try is in plywood, to see how it will work.
So let start.
In my bigger machine I have 435 x 345 mm of work place. Bottom part of it where nut and slides are installed is from Aluminum. On this I put first layer of 10 mm plywood. Bottom groves are 13 mm wide and 7 mm deep, prepared for M8 nut. On the periphery of working place I made 10 mm holes 6 mm deep, where I punch with hammer M6 nuts. This is how it looks:



After that I put second layer of 10 mm plywood and I mount it to firs one. Grooves are 8,2 mm wide and holes are 6.2 mm. This is how it looks completed. Space between groves are 50 mm wide. In the middle of this space I used a lot of wood screws. I do not know that it will be enough strong to hold pieces, if not I will add more screws.

It can be easily disassembled.

Next step is to made some holders, and do some tests. That will be done today.

Lucas

Ps I have two Aluminum plates prepared, to do the same. If this idea works fine ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment