Thursday, November 15, 2012

Table micro saw

Hi all,

In my workshop I have always some Plywood or MDF leftovers after cutting from plates on CNC. It can be used later, but you have to store it. Those leftovers are usually big and I am a little bit "lazy" one guy to cut them manually. So I took some time and search web for an inspiration, and found one. Micro Table Saw was my inspiration. And this is how I build one myself:




I check my workshop, found needed parts in workshop and start to planing. I decide to use:
 - metal cutter 50 mm diameter, 0.5 mm thick, 63 tooths
 - motor from battery power drill (600 class)
 - two bearings 19x4x6
 - 10 mm thick aluminum to bearings housing
 - M12 nut, 60 mm long for axis and mill holder
 - timing pulleys and belt that I have from old project
 - metal plate from computer RACK front cover
 - some plastic for legs
 - 60W transformer, 4 diodes, and 3 capacitors (from oder old project)
 - PWM power regulator
First I made bearing housing and axis to mill holder. It was tricky part, because it have to be done in hi precision. I cut 4 housing for bearings, and choose two that was most identical. (later on it occurred that I had some backlash on my CNC). Axis was made on lathe and it was fun for me.



Next I took plate, drill all holes and assembly all stuff.





In the end I stick on some plastic venner to made table more slippery.
I have tested it and it look promising. I cut Plywood, MDF, PCB and 2 mm thick aluminum. But I have some findings in it:
 - mill can be changed, and I will find some spare and with other tooth number
 - motor have not enough power for me, I will look for bigger one
 - must add a adjustable fence
In the end it is very helpful thing in workshop, and I will use it more often then I think.

Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment