Monday, March 11, 2013

CNC - electronic




Hi all,

recently I am waiting for new aluminum sheets. So I decided to build electronic driver to my CNC. I have bought almost 2 months ago almost all parts, but I did not have enclosure. So I have to build one. As for my table to this machine is made of small rack, it was an idea to use it some how. In the end this is what I made:


I have old front cover to rack (to cover free place when there is no equipment in RACK) and some profiles. For rest I used 6 mm plywood



I painted all plywood parts black and start to assembly. First power supply, 600VA 36V transformer, capacitors and other stuff. 12V power supply was removed from some old printer.

I have two switches to turn on/off whole electronic. One is for 12V and second is for driver power supply. Two green indicating LED were used.

Driver used for stepper motor is CW 5045 it is 4,5A 50V driver wit 256 microsteps. Each driver have it own separate fuse. All driver have build in opto-coupler.

Main board is using LPT to connect to PC. For motor connection I used audio connector with 4 pins. For limits connection I used DB9 connector (like RS232). There is additional 230V port, it is for spindle control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment