Monday, December 30, 2013

Changes

Hi all,

After long period of silence finally I found time to create new post. As title says: changes. That is main thing that was happening during end of this year 2013 and will be in new 2014 year.
First of all I moved to a new place. Finally it is my own one. So I have to move all my things from home and my workshop. Renovating of the house was on the first place on the list to do. I need place to live and sleep.
Workshop is bigger problem. I have a garage where will be my permanent workshop. But roof of it has no isolation, winters in Poland are cold. So I can not move in there right now.
I made agreement with my fiancee and one of rooms will be my temporary workshop till Spring time.
(Sorry for poor quality of photos. I made those afternoon and light in my room/workshop is poor)






With this decision I can not end BIGCNC before Spring. So I need something new to do. I have a lot of ideas. But I need CNC with bigger work place that my current machines have. So I decide to do modernization of my first CNC (you can see it on second photo in this post). It have 430x320x120 of work place and plan is to have at least 800x600x150.
First step was disassemble of machine. That was easy.
,



Now I need to put it back together. I decide to use Z axis that was prepared to BIGCNC. Next step is build gantry for it.  

plan is to use HIWIN rails size 15. It look that they are mounted with M3 screws. So I had to create sort of T-nuts for it. In 5 hours I have 30 of them.


And something special. When I was in local junk yard I found some belts and gears. I asked and bought them for funny small prize. Some photos of them http://fightech.blogspot.fi/p/fotkipasow.html
Belt will be used to BIGCNC as it is 32 mm wide and 4550 mm long.
That it for now.

Happy New Year for everyone!
Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment