Friday, April 26, 2024

Show must go on

Hi, I am thinking if there will be some interest in reading posts on that blog. But recently I started looking back at my workshop and making some small jobs in it. One of the tasks is to end all started machines. Like that CNC which has some elements from epoxy granite. So let's start! One of the things I made is a table for that machine. I used recycled aluminum profiles and plywood. I used some casters to make it movable. There is some place for electronics for CNC in it.
Another thing I made is to fill the bottom of the machine with more epoxy. Its purpose is to make it heavier and less vibrating. In future there will be aluminum table on it. Added also some PE boards to avoid chips and cooling flying around.
Some work on drives is also made
And the electronic board almost connected, some small corrections needed and it will be tested.
I am old school and it still will be driven by Mach3 over the LPT connector. I bought all the elements so long ago and there is no point to scrap them and buy new stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment