Thursday, November 13, 2014

Lathe tools

Hi,

I have some carbide inserts, but no holder for them. So idea was to create such a tool. I have some leftovers of PA6 Aluminum and decide to use it.

First tool is normal one installed in lathe tool post.
For next one I made some experiment. I read a lot about Norman tool post and I decide to do something similar. First I removed original tool post.


 On my CNC I cut carbide insert holder. It height is dedicated to this specific insert (some high regulation will be added later). Insert is screwed with M4 screw.


 And this is installed in place of tool post. M12 nut and it is mounted well.


I was testing it and it work very nice. I was afraid that there will be some vibration or something else because I used aluminum for tool. But it work great.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment