Friday, June 27, 2014

Vacuum table

Hi,

Sometimes friends ask me if I will cut off the PCB on my CNC. So I use double-sided tape to hold laminate on table. But this is not good way. Only THT elements could be cut like that. Sometimes it loos grip, it is hard to do 2 layer PCB. The most problematic thing for me is to use engraving cutter and not destroy it. I have in my workshop 2 vacuum pumps.


So I can use them. Conclusion is clear - to build vacuum table. I check internet for some examples and I made first trial to build it.



Bottom plate of table is made from 12 mm thick aluminum plate. I cut groves to the edge to install there pneumatic connections for 6 mm  tube. You can see that groves are not always aligned with holes. When I was cutting this plate I have a problem in nut one axis. It blocked it and step motor lost some steps (a lot of).
But I decide to end it like that. 

To cover groves I cut 3 mm plate, that have holes to main surface of table. It will put on the previous plate and sealed with silicone.


And the biggest experiment. Main surface of table. For test I used MDF sealed with epoxy resin. But this not work well and have to be changed. I managed to get solution how to put things on a table and hold them.
I have 3 mm ball nose flute which I used to cut groves on surface. I had in my workshop a lot of 3,2 mm silicon seal. And it looks that It can work like that. 

But still I did not made any exam of this idea. 

Lucas  

No comments:

Post a Comment