Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Biggerc CNC - update

Hi all, 

It was long time as I was not posting here new stuff. But I had so much things to do, sweet life in countryside ;) Despite there was no publications I was doing some small things. 
But Fall came and I will have more time for my hobby. 

Modernization of my old CNC end with complete rebuild of everything. Only computer did not change Below some photos. 
 New driver with cooling fans.


Still missing: switch limits, E-stop button, LCD holder.  



range: X = 600 mm, Y = 800 mm, Z = 150 mm
As you can see a lot of dust, machine is heavily used for last week.   


 Most problematic part, Y axis motor. I made gears my self and without lathe there was problem to made correct diameter of holes to put them on screws. I was fighting with it for about 3 weeks, but in current time it is working fine.
Machine feed is rather small 3 m/min, but it is limited by setup of motor driver (10 microsteps / step) to get smooth movement.

See you soon.
Lucas


No comments:

Post a Comment