Monday, September 29, 2014

New dust foot

Hi,

Whit new machine I made much more Plywood, MDF and dust board cutting. There is a lot of dust and chips flying around. In whole room there was mess. So "dust foot" was a must have thing.
I had to remove Z axis from machine.

On the bottom of it I drilled 4 holes and taped them M4.

 From 4 mm Aluminum plate I cut holder and screw it to Z axis. This will be permanently installed on machine. Additional hole is for my vacuum hose.



From MDF and rubber I made skirt. It will be connected to plate with 4 screws and can be easily removed when needed. Rubber is mounted with upholstery staples to MDF. I can made skirt whit different length according to flute that I will use.

This is how it looks on work. Much less dust and no chips. But I have to think about new vacuum as this can broke soon. 


Lucas

No comments:

Post a Comment