Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Lathe

Hi,

Once in the past I sad that lathe is one of the most important tool in DIY workshop. And this did not change. That why I decided to buy again lathe, and this time I will not sell it.
I was checking www.allegro.pl and looking something affordable for me. I do not need big one in this moment. And PROMA SM - 300E show up. It was quite old (2006 production), but from pictures it looks OK. I decided to go and see it, and it look that it was not used! Everything was looking like new, and it still was in original box. I decided to take it, prize was very good in my opinion.



 Next point was table for it. I had some aluminum profiles and some dust board leftovers. Almost all elements of table were reused.




All elements were cut on my CNC.
Lathe have rather low bed and it is hard to remove chips from that. That why I decided to give some props under legs. Some old PE was cut, drilled and installed. Now it is all 30 mm higher.



 And this is how it looks in the end.

 I need some light for it and it is ready to work.

Lucas


No comments:

Post a Comment